Monday, October 24, 2011

Not in my own strength..............

The New Living Translation Bible quotes 1 John 4:4 saying "But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world."

I have heard and prayed the last part of this scripture all of my life but never really understood the capacity of its meaning until yesterday.

While praying for a dear friend, those very words not only became vividly defined in my spirit but shot a boost down to the very pits of my soul........Greater is He that is in me, than He that is in the world.

Who is He?

I remember Jesus asking Peter those very words. Who do men say I am?

As I was praying yesterday, I began to speak of who He is to me. He is so much to me. He is a provider, a deliverer, a conqueoror, a victor, a Father, a fighter, a warrior, a way maker, a redeemer, a confident God, a bold God, an Almighty God, etc. I could go on and on and on.

But with that said, Greater is my ALMIGHTY God than ANYTHING, ANYBODY, ANY SITUATION.

It may seem so simple. However, it is so amazing when I think of everything I need is already in me because He is in me. If I am sick, greater is my healing God than any sickness or disease in the world. If I am weak, greater is my God of strength and power.

So as my days begin, I will now call on the God of whatever I say I declare Him to be to help me throughout each meeting, event, or frustration.

My Dad, Pastor Ernest Wright, used to say "It ain't the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog that matters. Glad I have the Almighty in me!!!

No comments: