Thursday, September 29, 2022

The Child that needs the Most Love Demands for it in the Most Unloving Ways.


My children are on my heart today......where they usually are. However, these last few weeks, I've been trying hard to love harder and express it stronger. I asked God to show me each day what I need to do so that my family know I love them. I made my children take the Five Love Language Test by Gary Chapman a year or so ago. I made them take it again recently and the results were different. I found that I was speaking to them in a love language that they were no longer fluent in.The five love languages are touch, time, words, gifts and service. I thought I knew each of their love languages. However, children are continuously developing and are not as "set in stone" as us adults are. I challenge every parent to take the Five Love Languages Test and give it to their kids and spouse. It's been amazing for my marriage and family. You can take the test at http://www.5lovelanguages.com/.

Nonetheless, our children need love. They have to have it to be sustained in such a cold world. You may be wondering why your child is acting out. You may wonder why your child is always interrupting your adult conversations. Our children are crying for love. Not the kind we think they need or the kind that's convenient for us to give. They are in desperate need of the kind of love that caters to their mind, body and spirit. The Bible says that love conquerors all. Thus love defeats and acquires control of ALL......everything. Our children our suffering from low confidence, no self-esteem, shyness, boredom, poor social skills and much more. Although these seem minor but they lead to the major.....whoredom, drugs, violence, gang-relations, suicide, etc. Your child is ten years old and doesn't like to talk. That's not normal! We can't keep dismissing our son or daughter as "just being that way"....."that's just who they are". That's NOT who they are. Even a baby comes out making a declaration. The human's natural inclination is to be social. When a child is not, something is wrong. As a parent, it is our duty to get to the bottom of it. Your child may be one who constantly yell at or bully others. Your child needs love. We give more attention to the work project or our positions in church than we do to intentional love to our children. Love starts at home and only then can it spread abroad. I can keep going but I digress. 

Join this love walk with me. Play your part. Love harder and deeper. Give your best...not your leftovers. 

No comments: