Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Thy Word is a Lamp

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4

The best time to meditate on the Word of God is in the morning. We need to start our day with the Word. We need to read the Word before reading the newspaper. When we read the Word, God gets our mind straight for the day, regardless of the pressure that comes. In other words, the Word of God is our breakfast! Then, whatever we face the rest of the day, we'll be able to handle it in the context of the Word.

Parents, you need to teach your children that the first thing they do is acknowledge God when they get up in the morning. Teach them to say, "God, thank you that you're the one that woke me up this morning. Thank you that your Word says that I'm blessed regardless of what I come up against. Whatever comes against me won't prosper. I'm healed. Jesus defeated the enemy, and God the Father gave His authority to me." If you teach your children to read the Word and pray in the morning, they'll grow up with a habit of putting God first and not last. One of the reasons we don't pray until we are in a crisis situation is because as a child we were taught to pray only when we were in trouble.

Too many of us today try everything else then say, "Well, I tried everything I know to do, so I might as well pray." No! Come to God first. If all we have is the world's system in our mind, eventually we will run into a situation that the world's system can't get us out of. Thank God that we operate in a system higher than this world's system!

No comments: