Tuesday, September 28, 2021

So you wanna be an Independant Woman?

I just had to step to the stage after my girl Nicole Butts-Ross opened up the floor this morning with her address to women who work so dad can be a "stay-at-home" worker. A brave subject but homegirl was on it.

A few months ago, I was at the gas station with Lil Boosie's Song INDEPENDANT WOMAN came on the radio of the neighboring car. I immedaitely remembered when I wasn't saved how I'd ride around blasting this song with my girls. The song talked about how "she" had her own house, her own car, big bank account, big screen tv, and didn't need nothing from a man. And I know you all remember Destiny's Child independant woman anthem. I so strived to be this woman. Got so uppity and conceited that I didn't need no man. Of course, hurt pushed me this level too.

Long story short, after hearing the song, God began to tug at my heart. God intended for women to be DEPENDANT. The Bible says that we were not even "fashioned" until after EVERYTHING in the Garden was complete. Everything was prepared for woman BEFORE she even got here. For this reason, real women cannot stand to be in an unprepared place, situation, or relationship. In Genesis, take note that God formed man but fashioned woman. If we think about those two words, we automatically think about the detailing that goes in fashioning something. In forming, one just holds his hands to bend and mold it. So much more went into the woman's creation. God wanted EVERYTHING just right for her.The world is pushing towards this era of female independancy. But we are suppose to be in the world but not of the world. But are we really?

Independancy forces women to become head of household which God never intended. God's intention was that the woman always remained covered - either by her husband or her dad/eldest brother until she was married. Now what I'm about to say is going to sound weird but it's true. We can sometimes become so independant that we began to fall in spiritual homosexuality. Wait, before you stop reading. The Bible defines homosexuality as one who loves themselves. Most independant women are real snooty and only associate wth others JUST LIKE THEM. They don't need God or anybody else. Nothing pleases them but themselves or the works of their own hands. We stop spending so much time with God, or at least not as much as we did when we didn't have our own car, job, house, etc.

So all that is to say - WOMAN POSITION YOURSELVES ACCORDINGLY. Whether you have a husband or not, be dependant. I'm not saying not to work or do better for yourselves. However, get out of the mentality that you don't need a man. We do. God intended for the man to provide and give woman what she needed. I do understand that these days not all men are stepping up to the plate....

So join me later as I talk about the DEPENDANT BROTHER.

No comments: