Monday, August 15, 2016

I have always loathed fractions......Gabby is not her hair

As smart as I am, I never could obtain a liking for fractions. I never saw the point.

We will live in a society where so many people have become broken, empty vessels. Some were born into a state of brokenness and have waited in despair to be fixed and filled. Thus, years of emptiness has created a society of people whose hearts ache and whose eyes have lost their luster. Suddenly our men possess a stain that protein shakes and Jordan's can't hide. Our women suddenly have a blemish that makeup and jewelry will not cover up.

In a longing for wholeness, one naturally reaches for anything that bring fulfillment to the empty crevice. Everybody just wants to be fulfilled. A newborn baby comes into the world needing to be filled. He cries whenever he needs a refill. He will cry and whimper until his mother fills him again. A car no longer runs when it's empty. Being filled is a natural reaction. It's what we do for replenishment that can be problematic. In pure insanity, you find broken people in an innate attempt to be filled perusing around breaking other people. Broken people break people. Hurt people hurt people. Who said that this was the answer? It's not right. It's not fair. It is just a temporary fix.

I was so ashamed by the social media out lash on Gabby Douglas' hair. Why should her hair be a concern when she is fulfilling the dream of every young gymnast? My 8 year old daughter watches the Gabby Douglas Story a least once a week. She reads any book on her. She writes her own stories about her. She daily flips around the house aspiring to be great, just like Gabby. Should I be telling my daughter to make sure her edges are combed before she works out in the gym? Who does that? Gabby is a gymnast. I don't know anyone,  who is serious about working out, who combs their hair BEFORE they go to the gym. Not only is the verbal assaults wrong because of the nature, but it is wrong because Gabby is just 20 years old!! Since when did it become okay for adults to bash our future generation? Our world is so broken and it is disheartening.

I am in my mid thirties and I am still not comprehending these fractions. I still don't see the point.

I don't have all the answers but I still  believe in treating people how I want to be treated. Better yet, I firmly stand on the notion that you reap what you sow. I always tell myself that I may not personally reap the harvest of my bad seed but my children may. I don't want my blood line paying the price for my bad sowing. We live in a spiritual world that operates thoroughly on sowing and reaping. Galatians 6:7-8 states it clearly. There is an effect for everything people do or say. The effort a person puts into something will be rewarded appropriately in this life or in their next life. Luke 6:38 says give and it shall be given unto you...pressed down, shaken together and running over. I often think about a measuring cup of flour when this scripture comes to mind. He's going to press it down and shake it to make sure the measurements are correct. He's not going to leave anything unrewarded.

Whenever I bake a friend a cake, I never take a cake that has been cut. I give them the whole dessert. No one wants to be gifted an half eaten cake.

I pray that one day our one day we all become integers because I just really don't get the point of fractions.


No comments: