Thursday, February 16, 2017

I'm not ugly....but I'm still my daddy's son




When I first married Sylvester, and relocated to Shelby County, people would always ask me where was I from. I couldn't figure out how they knew I wasn't from here. So I'd ask them how they knew. Most would say you sound different (yes, I have that grand ole country drawl, lol). Some would just simply say that I just didn't seem like a Montevallo girl. Ten years later, people are still asking me where I'm from. All day today, I've been hearing God say "you're not of this world". Hearing that has so force me to evaluate my spiritual physiognomy. Do I look and sound like God? Or have I been inhabiting this terrestrial sphere so long that I sound just like it? Have I taken on the characteristics of the world? Have I lost the mannerisms of my maker? When I am placed before the spiritual mirror, is my trademark equivalent?

So what do you do when you look in the mirror and something’s off? What do I do when I’ve gotten smeared and stained? I fix it. Even if it’s something I can’t correct on my own, I at least, go see a professional. This year is the going to be the ultimate #reset for me. I’ve began with changing my thoughts. Around age 22, I was awaken to who I was in God. Oh the years wasted not knowing the authority and value I possessed. 2017 has delivered with it a novelty that I am quite enthused about. I told my husband that I feel like I am promenading in a supreme power…..one I know to be not of mine own. And I welcome this newness wholeheartedly. It’s absolutely okay that I’m still the girl that’s not one of them #awakening #James1:23-25 #notofthisworld #justpassingthrough #Iaintfromaroundhere

No comments: